Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hello September!

Friday, September 4th was the last day of the Mashpee Open Market for the season.. and sadly, I forgot my camera (heavens no!) so I don't have any pics of the day. It was a small group, only about 16 vendors, and I got to see some of my artisan friends, many familiar faces who stop by the market weekly as well as some new friends. Thanks to the suggestion of one of my fellow artists, graphic designer Cindy Slater of Letter C Design, I created my own font (yawn). Well, for some of us, it's quite exciting. And you can see the results above (insert cheerleader going bananas!). Anyway, there are apparently many, many easily accessible websites that allow you to create your own font with just pen & paper, computer and scanner.. and I think it's exciting AND fabulous. If you want to know the (FREE) site I used, email me and I'll pass it along... This weekend I'm heading to Providence on Saturday the 12th and... I'll be sharing a tent with Saya of Saya Studios in SoWa (that's Boston) on Sunday the 13th. Hope to see you there....p.s. Happy 44th Anniversary to Ken & Dassie!! Wowza!

No comments: