Tuesday, September 29, 2009

JP Open Studios - Sept 26 + 27

I’d been looking forward to spending the weekend in JP for open studios and now I know why… the crowd is engaging, interesting and supportive of the arts/artist; and the exhibiting artists are talented, inspiring and great company! The weather was gorgeous on Saturday so we were set up in the parking lot adjacent to the Sam Adams’ Brewery on Amory Street. My immediate neighbors were the lovely couple Jim and Helene of Urban Kitchen, handmade soap and distinctive accessories (their tent smells AWESOME!), and Amanda Accardi, painter and new owner of Around the Corner Custom Framing, 637 Tremont Street. Congrats! I’m pretty sure I heard talk of the "grand opening" on October 8th so be sure to check it out and definitely head there if you have framing needs. On Sunday, the weather was not so nice and, fortunately, we were able to move inside. I condensed my set up to one table and shared a fantastic space with 3 other artists in an exposed brick hallway in the Brewery building. They are Shaun Provencher, custom jeweler; Marc Cote, printmaker (and Chairman of Art and Music at Framingham State College); and Gwen Friend, handbuilt ceramics.Thank you to all who came by to shop and say hello. And happy new year to my MOT's!

No comments: