Monday, August 31, 2009

Cape Cod Fine Art Festival - August 30

The Cape Cod fine art festival in Hyannis was supposed to be 2 days but because of the excessive rain, wind, potential hurricane, etc on Saturday, the event was called off and made into a 1-day festival. And the weather wasn't particularly great on Sunday with rain and more rain, but by the afternoon, it stopped. There were originally 100 artists scheduled to participate, most traveling quite a distance from all over the US. And I was only one of 3 artists from Massachusetts so I think given the weather, many non-local artists cancelled... :(
Thanks mom and dad for stopping by to make the day more fun and bring me a delish soy latte!
My neighbors Don and Theresa Carter of Down East Wooden Boat Works traveled from Florida to present their large scale replicas of classic down east boat designs. Beautiful pieces made from original plans by Don - unbelievable craftsmanship and attention to detail. Theresa was so sweet and helpful especially offering help to set up my tent in the rain :) and then bring me coffee later in the day! I hope we run into each other again so I can return the favor, maybe in Florida sunshine...

No comments: