Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Boston ArtFridays, Providence Open Market and Cambridge DesignHive June 5, 6 + 7

Well... it was a busy weekend to say the least. And though it was a lot of work to set up in 3 cities back to back, things went smoothly. Thank you to everyone who stopped by and made purchases. I hope you enjoy your new goodies! On Friday at Downtown Crossing's Boston ArtFridays and Saturday at Providence Open Market, I shared a tent with Saya Cullinan (above left), the creative genius behind Saya Studio, and it was a huge plus for me because she is great company AND she designs beautiful, one of a kind handbags in her Boston-based studio. Check out her bags. They are fabulous! On Sunday June 7th, I was back at DesignHive in Cambridge and though the crowd was a little light (probably because the weather was gorgeous!!) , they were enthusiastic and I heard again and again that it's a fantastic group of participating designers. So as DesignHive breaks for the summer, don’t fret. Things will begin buzzing again in September so definitely keep it in mind as a shopping destination for the holiday season. I'll be there on September 13, November 1 and December 6.Last but certainly not least, my neighbor Jessi Cardello Welch, designer of Cheap Date Jewelry, caught my eye with her company slogan "good looking, cheap and fun, just the way you like it", her vintage inspired jewels and upcycled guitar string earrings (below). What a clever idea and way to go green! Rock on!
See you next at the South Shore Art Center's 54th Art Festival on June 19, 20 + 21....

No comments: