Monday, June 22, 2009

54th South Shore Art Festival - June 19, 20 + 21

This past weekend, we all dodged raindrops on Friday and Sunday at the Cohasset Common for the 54th annual South Shore Art Festival, but we lucked out on Saturday as it turned out to be a beautiful day. And from 10am to 7pm, we had a constant stream of people and activity. I had lots of fun meeting new friends including Edie from Stoughton and Patty from Hull, as well as running into some old ones.. and that means you Miss Danni! It was a pleasure chatting with everyone who stopped by my tent and I thank you all for your purchases.
And as the wind picked up on Sunday at around 5pm, it was time to call it a day. But before things came to a complete end, we got a good laugh when Eva from Cohasset, myself and my dad were all searching through the grass (and several bags) for a missing earring only to realize that Eva had it in her ear the entire time.. oh my STARS!!
In addition to showing my paintings and glass items under my own tent, I had one painting (above) titled "The Couple" hanging in the South Shore Art Center Members' Exhibit under the big tent. After a longgggg weekend, I was so excited to find out at the end of the day on Sunday that the painting had been sold. Yay!

There were 90 vendors in Cohasset, so many talented artists… here are 3 I’d like to highlight:
Kathy of K Dichter Designs creates amazing belt buckles and hand-finished belts. Each one is different, unique, stylish and expressive so you are sure to find one, if not ten, that suits your personality and makes you stand out from the crowd. They are fun, colorful and full of personality, just like their designer! Each piece she creates captures her energy and spirit. basically she rules! and she's my new BFF!Bringing you beautiful driftwood furniture and other fun decorative items are Catherine and Rob of By the Sea Driftwood Company located in Orleans, Cape Cod. You can feel the warmth of the Cape and the ocean in each of their one-of-a kind pieces. I just wanted to curl up with a cozy blanket and hang out in their tent. It was peaceful and beautiful. I’d also like to thank Rob for helping me set up my tent in the rain on Friday. What fun assembling a difficult structure while soaked!! beautiful stuff and the nicest people you’ll ever meet!! If you’re heading down the cape, stop in to their studio & gallery.
Turning her addiction to crocheting beads into a business was clearly the right move!! And Andrea of A. Garr Creation who creates hand crocheted jewelry with sterling, pearls, crystals and unique beads from around the world brings a new kind of gallery to Boston’s south end by featuring bead and fiber artwork, bead and fiber supplies, and classes at her new gallery called BEAD + FIBER.

No comments: