Monday, September 26, 2011

Hard River to Row

It's been another strange week of mixed emotions, but once again, putting my thoughts down on paper has proven to be a helpful practice. So the writing continues and when I stumble onto good things like new artists and places to visit, then documenting these discoveries and sharing them is hopefully worthwhile. Especially since this past week, I made some great new discoveries.
Going to the Red Sox game with Louisa is fun even when they lose and we're surrounded by joyless, rowdy drunks.
Looking up from bumper to bumper traffic to see this scene is, well, peaceful and inspiring... so ya, put a bird on it.
I like Newport, RI.  I like the sound of the cars rumbling by on the cobblestone streets.  I like walking around and visiting the shops and galleries.  I like being by the water.  I'm glad I came back solo though it was bittersweet.  And I will return again.  
Taking a moment to chat with the girls and enjoy the peaceful view before the start of the Newport Arts Festival.
Bonding with my neighbors in Jessica Pisano's (right) fine art booth with her nature inspired paintings. Oh, and not surprisingly, she received the "Best in Show" award. 
NatanyaElka's eco-friendly, one of a kind enamel jewelry...
And Nautical Boards handcrafted locally in Pembroke, MA.
And being captivated by the bluesy, soulful, funk/rock sounds of the Delta Generators.  I can't wait to hear more of Craig Rawding's rich, velvety voice.
And hello... beautiful sunset.
And twinkling, ambient atmosphere at Diegos
And my good fortune to wake up to this Pisano painting with its gold glimmering in the sunlight.

No comments: