Monday, September 20, 2010

Another sunny day in Worcester...

With 300 exhibitors, there's a lot to take in at Start on the Street... and the crowds were out on Park Avenue! I didn't get a chance to mix and mingle with other artists except for my fantabulous neighbors Twigs & Heather. (that's Miss Heather in red...)
The day flew by so quickly... lots of great people and interesting questions including my favorite question of the day: "How do you make the candleholder stand on six legs?" After going through a somewhat lengthy, technical explanation, the young lady still had a puzzled look on her face so I asked if she needed more info.. to which she responded "but WHY do you make a candleholder with six legs?"  Ahhh my dear, that question requires a shorter and less technical explanation.  It goes something like this... "Because I'm a little odd".
Next stop on the outdoor show train for Dasken Designs is Jamaica Plain! See you at JP Open Studios, 284 Amory Street on Sept 25 +26 (11am to 6pm both days).  If you're looking for something to do after visiting the many talented artists and you're craving an adult beverage (along with discovering how it's made), you can tour the nearby Sam Adams Brewery... or head to Bella Luna / Milky Way Lounge..


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I saw you at stART but I was running by with my arms full of gyro's and bottled water. How was it for you?