Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Fling & Craftopia!

Another busy weekend juggling studio time, artwork drop offs and two shows.  Last Thursday from 7 to 10pm, I set up shop next to my friend Dina, Ducci Designs (below) at the Neighborhood Club in Quincy for a fundraising event for Friends of Foster Care. 
In addition to Dina, I had the pleasure of running into 2 other artsy pals, Louisa from Weehah! (who was also serendipitously my neighbor at Craftopia a few days later) and Amy from AG Ambroult
Three days later onto Pawtucket, RI for Craftopia where more than 65 vendors took over a beautifully renovated, old factory building and transformed the space into a lively, crafty extravaganza!  After being cooped up in the studio for 2 long days, it was fantastic to get out, interact with shoppers and get inspiration from some of my favorite creative friends.  I dragged out the camera to capture a few snapshots of the day but I missed getting photos of Jeff from Mean and Wroughten, Hilary of Hilary (who was just featured on Glamour.com by the way...) and Helene from Urban KitchenAlso, though I had ever intention of saying hello to Joanna from Joy in My Studio and seeing her beautiful silk paintings up close, I missed the opportunity... hopefully our paths will cross again... anyway, here are a few pics from the fabulous Craftopia show:
Trish and her lovely jewels from iDazz
Louisa's colorful, beautiful greeting cards and invitations from Weehah!

JoAnne from JoJo Clothing and her fabulous designs
Karissa of Karissa Chase Ceramics with her irresistible goodies
and last but not least (and I confess, I cannot take credit for this photo), the unstoppable silversmiths, Kerry and Heather of Twigs and Heather who probably would never speak to me again if I posted the pic I took of them...
 
Thought I'd add a pic of my lil table (I absolutely LOVED this building!!!)
Ooh one last thing, exciting news for several local designer friends including Ducci Designs, Urban Kitchen and Genevieve Boston who will be featured in Local Collection in the South Market Building at Faneuil Hall Marketplace.  I wish them lots of success in this new retail shop opening May 1st!

No comments: