Monday, December 21, 2009

Time for a glass of vino...

The last 2 shows of the 2009 season are done. Yay! And these shows were ok... it's been a season of learning and experimentation and I'd summarize that if a show is in a 'hard to find' location or it's below 20 degrees out, it might have a negative impact on the number of people who show up... just a thought... Anyway, as usual, extensive hanging out with my artsy pals was the highlight of both shows, something that's not possible when a show is busy. It was a small group of vendors at the Chestnut Hill show including Trish from Idazz, Sue from SueBdo , Christine from Little Man, and my new bff, Hilary Crane-Stern of Hilary.
On Saturday, I did a show on Harrison Avenue in Boston and, fortunately, when I pulled into the parking lot I spotted my pal Nicole Deponte so I knew I was in the right place (btw, if you're a film scout looking for a totally sketchy building/parking lot for a murder scene, have I got a spot for you!). So we gave eachother a quick hug, moved our stuff into the building and hoped for a good day. Again, things were slow so I got to spend lots of quality time with my neighbors, twin sisters Heather and Kerry from Twigs + Heather: and Cadence of Cadence Innovative Designs.
Check out the inside of the venue/warehouse at BANG! (below) It's hard to see in this photo but there were animal crates stored above us... AND it smelled of cat + dog urine! Yum! The perfect scent for holiday shopping!All in all, a fantabulous year! Thank you to everyone for your support and I look forward to creating new and fresh things in 2010. Wishing all a happy, healthy holiday season!

No comments: