Monday, January 9, 2012

Making Progress.

I don’t really have much to say about art-related stuff other than I’m spending a lot of time in my studio. And there’s not much “creating” going on, just a lot of cleaning, painting (walls and floors), organizing, chatting, dreaming, and thinking. The high production mode of 2011 came to a screeching halt and I’m still in vacation mode I suppose. But I’ve been filling my time with other important activities like getting to know the other artists in my building and dare I say it, having a little fun.
For example, this past weekend I went dancing at the Good Life and ALMOST lost my keys. And I don't know about you, but for me that's always a fun time.  Fortunately, I found them on the floor at 2am and don't recall being that deliriously joyful in my entire life. ever.  Thus the weekend was salvaged so I could put the finishing touches on an order of mermaids headed to a shop in St. Thomas (too bad I can’t hand deliver that one), spend some quality time in my neighbor George Ford’s woodshop studio,
and visit Boston's Sowa Winter Market (485 Harrison Avenue) and the Sowa Vintage Market (460C Harrison Avenue) where I picked up yet another lovely metal chair to add to my growing collection of beat up, well made, industrial furniture.  LOVE.
So if you’re looking for a unique place to do some shopping over the next few months, both of these markets run every Sunday through April. The winter market features art, craft, local produce and baked goods and I’ll be there a bunch of dates in Feb, March and April..

No comments: