Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Mid(ish)-April Update...

Ok, first, I'd like to ask, "what happened to my kitchen?"  I love the height of my kitchen counters for doing finish work (cleaning, waxing, polishing, etc).  And sadly, it's sort of become the boxing/shipping area as well.  I seem to recall using the stove nightly not too long ago  but, unfortunately, my new finishing/shipping area has made cooking an impossibility... (but note how well the stovetop along with some foamcore accommodates the newly made items... um, ya, but that's not what it's for!!!) 
So based on my very scientific research, I've discovered that many artists use a kitchen as their "studio".  Case in point, I visited my mom a few days ago to talk art (blah, blah, blah) and there she was, working on a painting... in her kitchen! I think I'm onto something...
Moving from kitchens to galleries (hopefully), I stopped in last Friday night at the opening of the North River Arts Society's 'Focus on Figures' exhibit where two of my paintings were on display. I didn't stay for the festivities (wine) so I could hit the studio unimpaired, but based on Siobhan's Facebook photos, it's probably a good thing...
And then Sunday, after 2 days of rain with unpredictable weather on the way, I left Plymouth at 6am for my first outdoor show of the season, Art in the Garden at the Weston Nurseries in Hopkinton. 
I have to say, for the record, there's nothing like having wet feet (socks, sneakers and pant bottoms) all day.  Yes, it's my new favorite thing indeed... and throw in 40 degree weather and some wind and rain, and we've got a party! Hey, even though we didn't have a nice sunny day, at least I was surrounded by friends Trish from Idazz, Helene from Urban Kitchen, Andrea from Thomas Park Gifts and Christine from Little Man.  And though we may not have looked as glamorous as usual with all those bulky layers and very flattering hats, we made the best of the day.  And don't worry gals, I'm not posting any of the pics...
P.S. thank you to Buffy Cave for organizing the show. 

1 comment:

Helene said...

Great picture of your booth. Great to see you and catch up.